A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Under the Weather

We are feeling a bit under the weather her today - at least a couple of us are....

I am still recovering from the dentist - ugh - not much fun.  I think my Miss Zoey is a bit under the weather as well.  She has weepy eyes, a droolie chin and is generally much less active than normal...these are all tell tale signs of an upper respiratory issue - she has had this before.  The good news is that she is eating and drinking and doesn't appear to be dehydrated.  Additionally she is going potty normally as well so I don't think she is critically ill.  We have done some colloidal silver in her water and an immune booster in her wet cat food.  If her nose starts to run I have some drops from the last time she had this as well - so far no need for those.

She is resting comfortably and she has sequestered herself into our bathroom so she is quiet and away from the other critters.  I will keep a close eye on her for the few days to determine if we need to make a vet visit. So far I think we are okay to let it take its course since she is still eating and drinking.  Poor girl - I hate it that she feels bad.

Maybe tomorrow we will both feel better....

No comments: