A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, September 27, 2014

60 Days

It's been 60 days since we lost our sweet Clooney.  I have to say that I feel like most people don't get me in this regard.  To them losing a pet is sad but somehow they get over it quickly and move on. For me - losing Clooney has been incredibly difficult.  The grief is not a weeping, in your face, feeling sad every minute of the day kind of feeling.  It's more of an emptiness, a dull, nagging ache - that feeling you have when a headache is starting but hasn't quite kicked off yet.

I miss him terribly - his sweet kisses, his sweet face, his smell... I miss our interactions and our time together - we had a special thing going.  I feel like my world is somewhat incomplete without him.  I experienced this with Isabel - she was a part of my life for a long time and she was my "first" kitty. Even years later I think of her with such fondness and sadness that she is gone.  Nigel was my sweet hedgehog boy and I miss having a hedgehog for sure.  I do think that he will be my only hedgehog though and I think of him often and miss him greatly.  With Clooney - he was my first ferret and let's be honest - I am crazy about ferrets.  My attachment to him has to do with learning everything I know about ferrets from him.  He was patient with me and generous and he was such a kind animal in showing affection and being unconditional.  Our bond was strong and its difficult to move forward.

I still have times of tears and sometimes I have a good laugh remembering his crazy antics.  I am so thankful for the documentation of his life and the pictures - the thousands of pictures.  I have captured his essence in images and words and for that I am grateful.

Time marches on and I adore my  loving little zoo.  The kitties, pup, ferret and piglet fill my heart with joy each day and I am thankful for each of them.  I try to cherish each day with them because time goes too fast and they will not always be with me.  I smile thinking of Nigel, Clooney and Isabel playing together at the rainbow bridge.

I miss you Clooney boy - more than you could ever imagine....


No comments: