Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Stories of the Day
1. Its raining here which makes the ferrets and the kitties sleepy and makes the dog hide under the bed.
2. We seem to be doing a little bit better each day on ferret/pig interaction - it used to be seconds before escalation into biting and other bad things - now we are into minutes and here lately we are approaching hours - I am holding out hope that some day we can let them run free together with supervision and without drama.
3. Winston's echo-cardiogram is scheduled for 10/1. I am so nervous about this - I so don't want there to be anything wrong with my piglet. It's so hard not to stress out about it. If you can spare a happy, hopeful thought or prayer for my little dude I would appreciate it. I would be thrilled if they can't find any issues when they complete the tests and that this is just a noise they hear....
4. Speaking of piglet - he is fully recovered from his shots - no limping or lameness and lots of activity and racing through the house today. He is feeling frisky for sure.
5. Not sure what the pig would do if he was an outside pig - he HATES rain and cries if you make him go outside. Thank goodness he knows the litter box is available because there was no way he was going potty outside. Potty training is improving - 1 accident today....
All in all it was a pretty laid back and low key day today. We are in for another rainy and cloudy day tomorrow as well - guessing it will be more of the same.