A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Naughtiness and Guests

My brother is in town for a quick visit and is brave enough to stay with us.  Before bedtime the critters are great - charming and friendly and wanting to interface with the new person at our house. After the lights go out - its a whole other story - not charming in the slightest.

Finn is still upset that the guest room is off limits to critters so he woke me around 4 am trying to scratch on the door - brat.  I really could not get him to quit so I brought him in our room and shut the door.  This upset Oliver who proceeded to wail - so I let him in....closed the door behind him - which made him wail even more.  Sigh.

Earlier in the evening piglet was trying to break out of his pen.  He does not normally do this until around 7 am....upon further investigation he was objecting to the fact that there was no water available.  Once I filled up his bowl he got a drink and went to bed.  Emma has been scratching on the carpet on and off...

Needless to say it's not been the most restful night....hopefully my brother is sleeping through it....


No comments: