Tuesday, September 30, 2014
September Month in Review
How in the world did it get to be the end of September? Holy heck!
This last month has flown by. Critters are all doing just great thankfully. The month was busy with visitors, hectic schedules and lots of critter time.
Kitties are doing great - no health issues to report and they seem pretty content and happy. Ferrets are pretty much the same - no issues to report thank goodness and they are all active and engaged - they make me laugh. Pup is doing well but she is having a momentary lapse of knowledge on how to behave. Not sure what her scoop is but will be happy when this phase has passed. Piglet is fun and challenging and adorable. His appointment for his heart test is tomorrow - I am trying not to stress about it.
Remember those September critter goals?
1. Teach Winston how to lay down as one of his tricks. Stretch goal of roll over... didn't even try
2. Continue to make progress on harness training with a goal of him letting me put it on and snap it by the end of the month. We made progress here - getting him into the harness is total drama - but once he is in there he does okay - totally forgets he has it on and does his thing. More work to do....
3. Continue work on potty training - its going pretty well though. - Getting there - slowly - ugh - found an ugly surprise under the dining room table today....sigh
4. Continue working with the ferrets so we can get them used to the pig with the ultimate goal of peaceful co-existence - but I think that will take longer than 30 days. Making progress here as well - especially with Finn. Some days he can do multiple hours with Winston with no escalation. Some days Finn plays downstairs and then goes back up to bed and doesn't even interface with Winston at all. Theo - still working on that but its better I think. Girls are pretty good at interfacing with him.
5. Brushing the kitties 2 - 3 times a week -- the cat hair around here is crazy. Cat hair is still crazy - and I didn't even have time to pick up a brush. Maybe next month....
So - there you have it - September recap. I really hope October is not quite so crazy....