A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Potty Party

We are making some amazing progress with Mr Piglet in the potty training department - thank goodness.  Now - let me just say - Winston is a giant baby and does not like anything besides sunny and 75 degrees outside so we can forget about potty outdoors for the most part.  He especially hates rain and stands there looking pathetic and crying - it's quite sad.

So - since he is spoiled we have focused on litter box training.  It has been going fairly well.  I get him in the box and he gets a "cookie" and then he has to stay in the box til he does his business and then he gets another cookie.  I have been repeating this process every time he wakes from sleeping, gets done playing, finishes eating - or every two hours - whichever comes first.  I have noticed yesterday and today he has started getting in there on his own and doing his business - hooray!  If I hear him in there I get him a treat and give him all kinds of praise once he finishes.

Now - don't get too excited - we still have accidents.  Yesterday I got distracted and didn't encourage a box visit after a nap and that was all she wrote.  Today he was wresting with Oliver and "forgot". Still - we are making progress - I will take it...

No comments: