A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Bad Habits

See - my bad habits that started in August with the blog are continuing.  Things are so busy I just can't seem to squish in sitting down to write each day. Bad Bad Bad

Speaking of bad habits - we were doing so great with potty training with Winston and then all of a sudden he has forgotten where he needs to pee.  He is great about the litter box for number 2 but peeing is all of a sudden a challenge - he doesn't want to go in the box or go outside - just on the carpet - oh joy.

Theo still insists on trying to eat the pig - especially his ears and Finn is still trying to ride him so at this point we are keeping the boys separated.  Ferrets have free run of the house from about 5 pm to 8 am.  During the day they are in our room snoozing away while Winston is downstairs.  It's not optimal - not what I want it to be but it works and no one seems terribly unhappy.  The girl ferrets have a bit more freedom as they are not aggressive with Winston so I can let them interact with supervision.  Violet does bite on him but it seems to be a soft playful bite and Winston doesn't cry or try to get away.

Oliver and Zoey have the bad habit of needing to be on me 24 hours a day.  I cannot be stationary for 2 minutes without one of them or both of them trying to get on me.  While I love the affection - and they both get plenty of attention throughout the day - believe me - it makes me insane... they have no regard for personal space.  Phoebe likes to lay on me but she doesn't do it all the time and when she does she is still and not in my face.  Aggie doesn't ever want to lay on me - only next to me - I can deal with that...

Emma is still my carpet scratcher - although - I think its better since the pig came.  I think he keeps her occupied and thinking about other things and she scratches much less than before - this is GOOD!!!

We all have bad habits I guess...hopefully I can get Winston back on track as that is the most messy bad habit on the list....


No comments: