A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Month in Review

I know I say it every month but - what the heck happened to March??

March started out rough with the loss of our sweet Zoey in the very early morning hours of March 1st.  I miss my snagglepuss every day.  I can't believe it's been a whole month already.  The other kitties seem to be adjusting okay.  I was worried that Aggie would be too lonely since she doesn't really get along all that great with either Phoebe or Oliver.  She seems to be doing just fine - my go with the flow kitty.

Thankfully our month improved.  Winston has been much more friendly to strangers and has been well behaved - although there were a few pink turd moments over the course of the month.  Emma celebrated her 13th birthday - holy cow - she's a teenager!!  Winston got registered as an American Mini Pig.  Emma got her spring haircut.  We battled through the yellow haze of pollen with allergies and we did some gardening.

From a health perspective - I think everyone is doing well.  The kitties have been playful and active and the ferrets are as hilarious as ever - I love those crazy weasels.  The whole gang seems happy and healthy.  I will be happy when shedding season is over - hairballs and skinny ferrets as we prepare for summer coats.

Excited to see what April has in store....


No comments: