A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, August 13, 2012

25 Random Thoughts

I have been inspired by several of the blogs I read who are doing the 25 Random Thoughts posts.  So - here goes:

1.  The critters are enjoying flood repair WAY more than I am
2.  It makes me happy when I catch Phoebe sleeping on her back with her back feet poked straight out like a person.  It makes me think she is happy and secure.
3.  Madison is the most joyful creature I have encountered.  I should learn from her...
4.  I love it when Nigel nuzzles my neck - he is so sweet
5.  Oliver is overly affectionate at times but I wouldn't change it for the world
6.  I secretly freak out when I can't find the ferrets - my mind goes to bad places like they got outside or are somewhere dangerous that I can't get to them - its totally irrational
7.  Clooney is gaining weight - hooray - I didn't like his more bony physique
8.  I think Zoey is okay but there are days when I really worry about her and wonder how long she will be with me
9.  I have to vacuum 4 times a week - ugh
10.  If I had it my way we would get a girl hedgehog named Simone and 2 ferrets - one from Clooney's lineage and one from Madison's
11.  I am lucky to have my husband - he keeps me from being the crazy critter lady
12.  I totally miss having the aquariums - but I don't miss the work they entail
13.  Agatha has decided that she loves people food - she will eat almost any kind these days
14.  Phoebe and Oliver are best friends - I love that
15.  Oliver is friends with pretty much everyone - he likes to torment Aggie but other than that he is Mr Popularity
16.  Madison and Clooney were playing under the drywaller's tarp today - playing together like real friends - there is hope for them yet
17.  Nigel runs on his wheel at night and the noise it makes is one of my favorite sounds
18.  I would stop in traffic to save a critter - even a snake
19.  Emma likes to watch the AKC on tv - and commercials with dogs - she is funny
20.  I wish the kitties were less noisy when they bathe themselves
21.  I wish they all had thumbs - just think - they could scoop their own boxes, open cat food, get me stuff - it would totally rock
22.  I love having the critters no matter how much work it is - and with 8 - there is some work involved
23.  I miss Isabel - even though its been 2+ years
24.  I will be happy when we build a house that has a critter wing - they will have an awesome space to call their own and will not have access to other parts of the house which means no critter cleanup
25.  I am so happy my "kids" are mine - what would I do without them?

No comments: