A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Moment of Remembrance

I rarely post about non critter related things but today is not just a regular day.  This morning we lost a dear friend and amazing colleague.  He was someone who I have known for 13 years and my husband for 15.

He was a kind person with a yearning to teach and mentor others.  He was an intelligent man who was patient and always willing to help.  He was strong in his convictions and while we didn't agree on every one of them you have to admire someone who believes in things and can articulate why they feel the way they feel.  Some might call him quirky or stubborn - I think both made him an interesting person to interact with.  I will miss our political debates and our get togethers at each other's houses.  I will never drink a white russian, or consume a chicken wing without a smile remembering my friend.  He was an animal lover and always very kind to my critters which puts him at the top of my list of favorites.  He was the bravest person I know...

He has a wonderful wife who we love dearly and will support how ever we can.  He has an amazing brother who I had the opportunity to meet just a few days ago and who I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with.  Our thoughts are with all of them at this time.  The world lost a great person today and for that I am sad.  He was a great man who impacted my life in a positive way and for that I am grateful.

Rest in peace my dear friend.

No comments: