A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Frozen or Steamy - those are your choices

With all of the drying equipment in our house the temperature is whacky.  In the rooms with the equipment its too warm - in the rooms without its way too cold as the air conditioner is working overtime.  I checked in on Nigel last night and he was cold in his room which is no good as hedgehogs will hibernate if they get too cold.  He got cuddle times and I used my hot cocoa cup up against his sides to warm him up.

No worries, I thought to myself, I can have him sleep in the bonus room.  Headed in there - it's like a meat locker its so cold.  UGH.  He can't sleep downstairs - there is tons of equipment and its cold.  So - out comes the baby gate and into the master bedroom closet goes Nigel.  It's warm in our room because of the equipment in our bathroom and its a contained space for him.  He seemed perfectly content - had some water and food and found a place to curl up and snooze.  I am thinking he will sleep in there until the equipment is removed - most like Monday of next week.

I am glad I checked in on him and that he is okay.  Love that little guy...

No comments: