A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Average Days

So today was just an average day in the life of the critters - it looks something like this:

3:00 am - I get up and move downstairs - hubs is still working and on a Skype call - ah the life of a small biz owner - I have Phoebe, Oliver, Zoey, Aggie, Madison and Emma in tow.  Nigel is running on his wheel.
4:00 am - after finally dozing off - Madison visits me on the couch and gives me kisses - ugh - nice ferret
6:45 am - I am awake watching hurricane Issac coverage - hubs has an important early meeting so upstairs we go - Emma, Phoebe, Zoey, Oliver all follow
7:45 am - hubs heads out and I get up - ferrets playing at my feet.  Downstairs we go - stick for Clooney, Ferretone for Maddie, canned food for the kitties, outside for Emma and then a treat
8:00 am - everyone done eating and now settled in for a long day of work
11:00 am - Emma outside for a break
12:00 pm - Emma barking at UPS man
2:30 pm - painters come to finish master bath, Emma barks like a maniac, Clooney comes in to help - too bad I am trying to talk on a conference call - sigh
3:00 pm - Maddie comes up for a visit, Emma out for a break
more sleeping all afternoon - ah the life of a critter
now its around 7:00 pm and everyone is lounging.  Emma just got a bone so she is happy.
Tonight Nigel will get his worms as a snack before bed
Just a regular day in the life of the critters...

No comments: