A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, May 08, 2014

A Day in the Life of a Traveling Zookeeper - Day 1

Here it is - Day 1 of travel - the morning is filled with little finishing prep work and attendance taking before the last of the upstairs doors are closed.  Then its the mad rush to the airport, parking, getting through security and waiting...time goes so slow at an airport.

Our flight was quick and smooth and we started our NYC adventure.  The beauty of the cameras is that I can check in on my cell phone and keep track of all my furry babies.  I do this frequently over the course of the day.  It's quite easy to catch the kitties on camera because - well - don't tell them I said this - but they are quite lazy and I strategically placed the cameras to catch their favorite spots.

The ferrets are tougher to catch - they move quickly and rarely stay put for any length of time. Additionally - only Clooney likes to sleep out in the open - the others prefer to snuggle under a blanket making it tough to see them.  SteveIrwin the betta fish is making it easy on me - hanging out in his hammock or between the heater and the wall of his tank where I can find him.

Called mom to check in on Emma - she is doing well and enjoying time with her BFF Quincy.

So far so good...

No comments: