A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Outdoor Critters

Okay - not really - outdoor critters in my world don't exist yet.  My kitties are not outdoor, the ferret no and Emma is not a big fan of outside.  Outdoor critters in my definition would be our future cow, goats, micro pigs and chickens.  Someday...

I do, however, have 2 critters who are in love with the porch.  Clooney, my eldest ferret and Zoey the orange kitty.  Now - don't get me wrong - all the critters love to go on the porch but when you let them out there is a circus act trying to keep them all from escaping.  Not the case with Clooney and Zoey.  Both are content to be on the porch - they investigate, lay in the sun, watch the birds and the bugs go by and they don't have a pressing need to venture past the porch.  I would never leave them out there unattended and I am not saying they wouldn't go off the porch if given the opportunity, but they are different from the others as it is not a primary goal to get off the porch.

Clooney came out with me this morning while I watered plants - he checked out the porch and then laid down in the sun and waited for me to finish.  Then I opened the door and he came back in with me - such a well behaved boy.

As the summer rolls around I am thinking of getting the ferrets a sandbox and setting it up in their playpen.  They should have fun and since only Theo can escape I only have 1 critter to chase!  I will post some outside pics over the summer but for now - in honor of Throwback Thursday - some links to previous outside posts:

http://grantzoo.blogspot.com/2012/05/littlest-boys-outdoor-adventure.html

http://grantzoo.blogspot.com/2011/05/front-porch-shenanigans.html


No comments: