A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Bath Critters

I love to soak in the tub - its a favorite thing I do to relax and it happens almost every day.  It used to be that my faithful kitty companion Isabel would keep me company - she would chase away any other critters who dared to come around.  When she passed away Phoebe was my bath kitty but since the baby ferrets came into the picture she is not as consistent.  You see - the baby ferrets like bath time - but they tend to wreak havoc.  They are faucet lickers and they knock things off the tub deck - sometimes into the tub causing a large splash.  Phoebe doesn't have the patience for those shenanigans.

As with most other things - the ferrets are busy bodies - up and down a zillion times.  Only Theo - my youngest boy - will lay on the side of the tub and wait for me - but only when I am not feeling well.  He is stuck like glue if he thinks I am sick.

In addition I have Emma who is the cleaner - she comes in after I get out of the tub and licks up any water that was splashed out.  So - bath time around here is not as relaxing as it once was - but I can honestly say I am never lonely.

No comments: