A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday Follies

Today was a good critter day.  I am happy to report that everyone seems to be in good health and happy which makes the zookeeper happy as well.  Here are some updates - in size order this time:

SteveIrwin the betta fish - seems to be over whatever was ailing him.  He is active and interactive and always begging for food.  I put one of the ping pong balls that the ferrets play with in his tank.  It floats at the top and he was quite interested in the ball.  He pushed it around with his nose several times over the course of the afternoon.

Violet - my elusive ferret girl is just great.  She was up bright and early this morning and was out early this evening.  She wanted to share my water - they do love to drink out of a cup.  She and Madison were playing and she seems like she is doing quite well.

Madison - my sweet, kissy girl is fantastic.  She was even nice to Clooney today - she and Violet tend to gang up on him.  Madison is quite active and playful today and enjoyed some "girl talk" with Violet and some rough and tumble play time with Theo.

Finnegan - for some reason he was very spooked this morning - not sure what that was about but he was afraid of me, the critters, his own shadow.  This evening he came up on the bed and seemed to be just fine - his regular sweet and playful self.  After doing some Googling - perhaps the little dude had a bad dream.  Evidently - ferrets do that....

Clooney - my eldest ferret boy is fab!!  Today he was feeling quite frisky and helped me make the bed.  He was hopping around making the squeaky noise and he let me wrestle him which is a rare thing as he has gotten older.  Once the bed was made he curled up with me and took a nap while I read.

Theo - my big guy seems to be feeling great and is his usual antics causing self.  He was quite playful today and also quite affectionate.  He gives kisses - they hurt because he is so exuberant that he uses that little rough tongue to really really show how much he loves you!  He does pretty much everything with gusto - love him!!!

Ollie - my ornery boy is good.  He spent most of the day snoozing in the sun.  He gets quite upset that he is not allowed on the deck with Zoey but I can't let him out because he is a total runner and I would spend the whole day trying to chase him down.  He did spend some time with Clooney and Theo this afternoon - my boys hanging out together.....

Phoebe - she is doing quite well.  She has been playing with toys quite alot the last few days.  I have tried to let her on the deck - she is not a runner - but she is too apprehensive about the great outdoors to actually be brave enough to go out.  She and Ollie spent a good bit of time today wrestling and snoozing in the sun.

Zoey - she spent the bulk of the day on the deck and she loved it.  She seems to be in a great place health wise and she is really enjoying our spring weather.  It's funny - birds and lizards both visited the deck while she was out there - she has absolutely no interest....

Aggie - my eldest kitty girl is great - just a go with the flow cat.  She is sacked out on my pillow this evening snoring like a lumberjack.  Her health is quite stable and she seems quite active and content - no complaints.  She turns 17 next month...

Emma - little Miss is enjoying her summer haircut and her humans taking her on a 5 mile walk every day.  Unfortunately she is still scratching on the carpet - driving her humans a bit crazy.  She is sprawled on the bed at the moment - taking up as much room as a pup can take up - so spoiled.  Her little paws are moving - I wonder what she dreams about....

So - there you have it - a recap of the Saturday Follies....


No comments: