A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Four Kitty Post

We haven't done a four kitty update in a while.  I am happy to report that things are good in kitty land!  Seems like all four kitties are healthy and doing just great.

Phoebe - she has been hanging out with me a lot lately - and she has wanted to be lap kitty which is unusual but you aren't going to hear any complaints from me.  For the last 2 days she has been in pom pom heaven...you see, Theo the wonder ferret found a bag of pom poms in my craft supplies and got it open and then proceeded to spread pom poms all over the place.  Phoebe who is my toy kitty could not be happier.  Its funny to watch her play with one and then kick it aside to play with another - so many pom poms, so little time....



Oliver - my ornery boy is still ornery!  Wouldn't have it any other way.  He is so pushy and wants to be on me at all times.  I must say that this gets a bit trying at times.  Literally - I cannot be seated for five minutes without him wanting to be on me.  This includes booting off any ferret or cat who might already be on me... geez.  We have had lots of screen door open kind of weather which he thoroughly enjoys and I enjoyed yesterday when he decided to have a long conversation with a dove on the porch.  He was on the inside of the screen door and the dove was outside.  Ollie meowed at the dove and the dove cooed back.  This conversing went on for several minutes and then the dove hopped down the stairs and headed over to the bird food smorgasbord for a bite to eat.  I wonder what they were saying?


Zoey is doing great - she seems quite engaged and active.  Today in fact, I was a bad cat mommy and left her outside on the deck unattended while I went and ran errands.  Luckily she is my kitty with no desire to explore the great outdoors - she just laid under the table on the deck and soaked up the sunshine.  She came to the door and asked to be let in which was when I realized I had left her out for a couple of hours.  Very happy that she stayed put - she is my good girl...


And last but most certainly not least - my eldest girl Aggie.  She is doing so great.  No issues to report - she is just a happy, go with the flow kitty.  Aggs is on a people food quest these days.  It's quite funny - she never ever ate people food and now she wants a bite of everything you have.  If you forget to share she lets you know with either a loud mew or a little tap with her paw.  She is kinda choosy - she doesn't take everything you offer - but she does have the expectation you will offer and give her the option.  Love that old girl to pieces....



So there you have it - updates from the kitty world...

No comments: