A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pet Product Review: Pimafix

We got SteveIrwin in late April and after a few days with us he started to go downhill - he was lethargic, not eating, losing his lovely long fins and his bright blue color.  I was not sure what to do so I tried Pimafix which is a broad spectrum antibiotic that treats fungal infections and bacterial infections.  I was not certain that he had either but I couldn't just wait for him to kick the bucket - had to try something....


His tank is only 3 gallons so I adjusted the dose accordingly.  I gave him the meds for 7 days as instructed and then did a 25% water change.  At that point SteveIrwin was on the mend but he was not well so he got a second round of seven days with a 25% water change.  After a couple of days I did a full water change which I do every week.

Since he finished his second round he seems just great - full of energy, engaged, active and he has a great appetite.  I think Pimafix did in fact fix him - so grateful as I have grown quite fond of the little blue dude....

No comments: