A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Health Benefits of Having Critters

I read an interesting article today that prompted me to Google for additional information.  It seems that I will be the most healthy person on the planet because there are documented health benefits related to having pets.

Here is just some of what I found in my research:
Pets lessen allergies and asthma.  I would totally agree with this - I was horribly allergic to cats when I was younger - now nothing at all.
Pets reduce stress - you might think I would be just above coma state with my 7 critters.  I am not quite that chillaxed but having the critters around does make me laugh out loud multiple times a day.  You cannot be stressed if you have a furry around to make you happy.
Cats bring a 40% decrease in the chance for a fatal heart attack - the act of petting a cat can lower your blood pressure.
Having a dog lowers both blood pressure and cholesterol.  - Don't worry - I checked - I still have a pulse.
Pets can help people who have a chronic or serious illness - they are motivated to get better to care for their little buddy.  Totally can buy into this one...

As you can see - just another list of reasons to start your own zoo!

No comments: