A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Music of the Zoo

Living in a house with seven critters can be very noisy at times.  There are some critter noises I love - some I could do without.....here is my tribute to the symphony that is my zoo:

These are the noises I love:
Nigel running on his big blue wheel
The purr of my kitties - especially Zoey who has a very loud motor
The happy noise occasionally made by Clooney
Squeaking toys when being played with by Emma
The snuffling sound Nigel makes when he nuzzles my neck
Oliver's combo yawn/meow
Phoebe chatting with her toys when she plays in the hallway
The patter of feet as they tear through the house in a game of tag
Aggie "yelling" at the birds on the porch

The noises I could do without:
The thunk of bottles of shampoo, soap and bubble bath being pushed off the edge of the tub by ferret boy
Barking dogs - especially when I am on the phone
Licking - bathing cats, licking dog - any licking - specifically when I am sleeping
Cat squabbling
Hairballs - ewww
Emma whining - thankfully this is a rare occurrence

It is quite noisy here but they are noises I wouldn't trade for anything - even the ones on the do without list.  Looking forward to adding some moos, baas, clucks and oinks someday to the orchestral mix.....

No comments: