A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Critter Top of Mind

Top of mind - I hear this phrase all the time at work - thought I would repurpose it to share my top 10 things on my mind as it relates to my furries....
1.  I am relieved to report that little Nigel is looking great.  I think the antibiotics did the trick and his skin is looking pink and healthy.
2.  Clooney needs maintenance - nail trimming, a new bottle of Ferretone and some more sticks.  Note to self.
3.  Phoebe is NAUGHTY - not sure what has gotten into her or how long this phase will last.
4.  Oliver wants to play with Nigel so bad that he just takes his covers.  Nigel is not a fan of this....
5.  Zoey is going through a clingy phase right now - I get into bed and within 10 seconds she is on me - ugh
6.  Agatha is being quite the well behaved kitty these days...hmmmmm
7.  Emma - she scratches at the carpet - why oh why?  I tried researching but couldn't find anything....
8.  How does the area with food and water for the critters get so grubby so fast?  One word - CLOONEY.  Oh if I had a nickel for every time I shouted "Leave it in the bowl"
9.  Emma is doing very well with going outside off leash - she has not bolted off for a romp through the neighborhood for some time now.
10.  I am thinking of installing a cat/ferret/hedgehog play wall in the craft room - I will post more on this later....

That's it - top of mind at the zoo today....

No comments: