A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Miscellaneous Ailments

I have to say that for the most part we are very blessed to have healthy furries.  No one has any major ailments to speak of - knock on wood.  We do get a myriad of minor ailments here and there though.

The kitties have the hairballs that kitties experience.  Today, for instance, Oliver has an eye thing going on.  I believe that Phoebe accidentally poked him in the eye while the two were wrestling yesterday.  He is all squinty and pathetic.  I washed it out with colloidal silver which is an anti microbial.  If its not better by Monday then we will make a quick trip to the vet for some prescription ointment.  On occasion Emma has intestinal distress.  Clooney experiences some intestinal upset as well.

Nigel had his strange gait thing.  I still think he has a bit of favoring of the left side but nothing like it was.  He took about a week off from running on his wheel.  Then he started up again.  Now for the last couple of days he has stopped again for some reason.  I had him out today and he is active and happy.  I did cut his nails.  The back ones were a bit long so I thought I would cut them just in case they were bothering him when he runs.

All of these things are so minor in the big picture that I do feel very lucky that my babies are so healthy!

No comments: