A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

What's in a Name?

I read somewhere that people who name their pets people names consider them an important part of their families - this is so true!  I decided to look up the names of my critters to see the meanings and determine if they match.

Agatha - greek in origin - means good or honorable - I think this fits her quite well
Zoey - greek in origin - means life - she is full of life these days - I like it!
Phoebe - greek in origin - means bright or radiant - this is perfect for my beautiful little miss
Emma - german in origin - means entire or universal - not sure exactly how to interpret this - universal...hmmm
Madison - old english in origin - means gift from God - my joyful girl is very much a gift to our family

Clooney - george in origin - means handsome and charismatic - ha!
Nigel - irish or gaelic in origin - means champion - I can see this for my little dude
Oliver - latin in origin - means olive tree - not so sure about this one either.....

All in all - I think their names pretty much fit them with a few funky exceptions.

No comments: