A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Schedule Change

I have been somewhat concerned that little Mr. Hedgehog has not been running on his wheel the last few nights.  He was going strong there for a bit and then all of a sudden he just stopped.  At least I thought he stopped.  He used to run at about 11 pm - I could always hear him running in the other room - one of my favorite sounds.  He would also run around 5 am so sometimes I would hear him in the mornings as well when I was awake courtesy of a ferret or kitty.

Last night - no running at 11 when I headed to sleep.  For some reason I woke up early - really early at about 3 am.  I moved downstairs on the couch to watch TV without waking the entire household and low and behold around 3:15 or so - he started running and ran pretty steady until 4 or so.

I am not sure if he just started running again or if he never really stopped running at all - he just changed his schedule....  hmmmmmm.   Either way - I am happy he is running again/still - its the sign of a happy and healthy hedgehog.

No comments: