A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Tighter Clumps - um - they're not joking

Okay folks - for those of you non cat people - this post will not be for you.  Cat people understand the plight of the litter box and the quest to keep it clean and odor free.  If you are not into the quest - you might want to stop reading now.  People with eight critters (me) and people with cats are somewhat pee/poo immune...those of you who have not dealt just won't understand and this post may be considered TMI.

So - I use Tidy Cat cat litter - the scooping kind.  I usually go with what's on sale.  My favorites are the Small Spaces and the Multiple Cat.  A few days ago I purchased a jug of the Multiple Cat 24/7 Performance and a jug of Multiple Cat Instant Action.  In the corner of the label it says "Tighter Clumps for a cleaner litter box".  Okay - whatever - its litter.  I bring it home, clean out the box and dump it in.

Now - I should preface this with the fact that I am not a great cat box keeper.  I have 2 giant cat boxes for the four cats.  I am an every other day scooper at best - sometimes even an every third day scooper.  I know - I could do better.  It's not my forte.  Anyway - I decided it was that time and started the scooping process.  OMG - the stuff was like concrete stuck to the bottom of the box.  It was a major effort to get it out - it made me sweat people.  Scooping the cat box is gross but its not typically and endurance event.  Holy cow - yeah - the clumps are tighter alright.

Not sure if this is an epic score or and epic fail for Tidy Cat.  Now that I know what will happen - perhaps letting it go til that third day will not be an option - maybe this is a good thing for me and for the kitties.  UGH.


No comments: