A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sewing for your Pet

Since I got over the overwhelming feeling of not knowing what to do with all the pieces and parts from my sewing machine I have been enjoying sewing so much.  I have been stockpiling ideas for sewing project for the critters.  Here are some fun ideas:

Pet Bed from AllFreeSewing.com - have you checked out this website?  It's great.  Now - Emma just got a fancy new bed for Christmas and there is not a day that goes by where that bed doesn't have a critter in it.  I am thinking of making some additional beds for other rooms in the house.


Dog Leash from AllFreeSewing.com - I actually have all the supplies for this one, I just haven't had the time to get to it.  I think Emma will love her new leash once I crank it out.  I chose a purple and white theme.


Hedgie Bag from Hedgehog World - Nigel has a couple of these but I should make him a few more and personalize them with embroidery...nope - not spoiled - not at all.


Hammock with a Pouch for Madison and Clooney - from exoticpets.about.com.  My ferret friends would love these!!!


And for the kitties - refillable catnip toy mice from sewing.about.com.  My kitties LOVE catnip so they will surely love these cure little mice.  Now if I can only find the time to make them.


These are just a few of the fun ideas that are out there on the information highway.  Hopefully over the coming months I can show you some of the finished products.

No comments: