A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Miss Agatha

My Miss Agatha kitty is so sweet - she loves to lay with me while I am working or reading.  She lays right up against my leg.  Sometimes she lays on the pillows above my head while I am sleeping.  She is the self petting kitty - just hold out your hand and she will walk back and forth - no effort required on your part.

I see that there are not as many posts on the blog about her as some of the other critters.  It's not because she isn't loved.  She is kind of a funny cat.  She is very independent, she is very much the observer and not often the participator.  She plays sometimes but not often....sometimes I see her playing when I come downstairs and she is down here alone - but she stops - she is bashful about playing in front of an audience.

As she has gotten older she has changed a bit.  First - she is more chatty and will give you the what for if you are not doing what she wants.  Second - she is a people food nut which is interesting because when she was younger she didn't like any people food at all.

She loves Zoey - the two are quite close.  She hates Phoebe - the two are not friends - AT ALL.  She has a love/hate relationship with Oliver - sometimes they can be found laying together and most of the time he spends torturing her.  They are true siblings.  She tolerates the ferrets - she much prefers Clooney to Madison.  She is totally indifferent about Nigel - other than getting hollered at when she tries to lay on his blanket.  She is okay with Emma - but she hates it when Emma barks and goes racing upstairs to get away from the noise.  She doesn't care for strangers and hides in the closet when we have guests.

She is turning 15 this year - wow - hard to believe that all those years ago I was living in Atlanta and she was  born to a family in an RV park where my parents were staying when they came to visit me.  I will never forget how angry Isabel was when Aggie came home with me.  Isabel hid under the bathroom sink for 2 days in protest.  They were great friends after that.  I think we both miss her.

So there you have it - a post about my eldest girl.

No comments: