A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Dog and the Hog

Miss Emma is doing very well - she had fun staying with her Grandma and Quincy while I was out of town. For some reason she decided it was important to scratch the lump off of her back - not sure why - but she did and it has healed up just fine.  It got a couple of doses of colloidal silver along the way for good measure.  I think she is fine.  She is not loving this weather - rain every day is so not her favorite.  After the multiple weeks of it - I am starting to feel the same way.  All in all - I think she is doing just great.

Nigel is doing great!  He is spending lots of time outside of his cage since I got home.  Hubs did a great job of checking in on him everyday and giving him his worms.  Today he will get a full cage cleanout - fresh bedding and rugs and all of his stuff washed up and clean.  He loves getting in his cage after I clean it out.  He is getting so used to the ferrets - I think the trip to the lake was good in that regard - when they come to visit him he is much less huffy.  Next week - shower and nail trim....


No comments: