A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Four Kitty Post

An update on the kitties.  I think all in all things are going pretty well.

Phoebe has been a little bit clingy since I got back from traveling - she has been spending a good bit of time in my lap.  This is very sweet but somewhat inconvenient.  Phoebe and Violet have been playing together which is nice.  Finnegan is giving her a run for her money when it comes to playing with toys.  Phoebe is the toy kitty but Finn is a toy ferret.  The difference is that Phoebe likes cat toys and Finn loves dog toys - the bigger the better.

Ollie seems to be doing great on his medication.  He has mellowed some since he started taking it.  He is still ornery though - playing with the ferrets and picking on Agatha.  He seems to be active and healthy and he has no issues pushing his way over Zoey and Phoebe to get prime lap space.

Aggie is doing very well - she spends lots of time with me during the day while I am working.  She has been squabbling with Phoebe more than usual - not sure what that is about.  She spends a good bit of time on the run from her brother - oh how he likes to torture her.  She and Zoey have a good thing going - they have lots of together time.

Zoey - she is doing well - leaping around like a crazy kitten.  I am still a bit worried about her weight loss.  I have her scheduled into the vet on Friday.  I have a haunch that she might have hyperthyroid.  It would be okay if that was what it was.  I have my fingers crossed that its nothing serious.  She seems just fine - occasional hairballs but mostly active, and engaged.  We will see what the vet has to say.

There you have it - update on the four purr pots....

No comments: