A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, July 07, 2013

CH CH CH CHANGES.....

It's amazing how the ferret's little faces have changed.  Even the babies are changing daily:

Let's take a look at Clooney first - his markings haven't changed all that much but his nose sure has:





Miss Madison has some changes in her overall coloring and just in the last few months she has had some darkening on her forehead (if ferrets have foreheads - but you know what I mean)




Finnegan has had the development of a "unibrow" since he came to live with us



And last - but most definitely not least - my sweet Violet girl.  She has lost some of that butterscotch colored under coat.  I have noticed some darker markings starting to appear on her face as well.  She also had a dark spot on her nose - which is gone completely now




I Google-ed to see why ferrets change colors - from what I gathered its mainly a seasonal thing where their coats change to match warmer or colder weather.  It doesn't matter to me what they look like - I adore them all....

No comments: