A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

It's Wednesday night - the night before Thanksgiving.  Humans had to work today, prep work for some of the dishes for tomorrow was accomplished as well.  Now we are all winding down for the evening.

I am thankful for the following things critter related today:


  • Above all - I am thankful I have these babies as a part of my life - I would be lost and lonely without them
  • Theo has quit coughing and for the most part quit sneezing - I think he is feeling good
  • Finn seems to be fully recovered from his flea allergy ordeal - now we just have to wait for the hair to grow back
  • Oliver seems to be feeling better today - he has been pretty pukey the last few days
  • Clooney and Nigel both seem bright and happy and healthy even though they are getting to that scary milestone of hitting the lower end of the "average lifespan" numbers
  • Madison and Violet continue to be BFFs and healthy girls
  • Zoey is hanging  out with me more and more and spending lots of time with Aggie - I think both of us are loving it
  • Phoebe is playing with her toys - she loves them and I love that she has fun playing with them
  • Emma has braved the rain today - multiple times - and is not in under the bed mode
Tomorrow will be cooking and spending time with family and friends.  I am hoping for a relaxed and easy day.  As for the critters - I decided to go the safe route of Turkey dog and cat food as a special Thanksgiving treat rather than people food.  I want to avoid any risks of upset tummies.  The ferrets will likely just get their regular treats - they are pretty finicky and won't want to try new things.  Nigel will get a little bite of cat food as well.  He loves meat so I think he will find that tasty

Then Friday will come along - yipee - we get to start decorating for Christmas - I LOVE IT - can't wait!!

No comments: