A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Critter Christmas Stockings

Every year the critters each get their stocking hung and they get filled with toys and treats.  Each critter has their own - they are a combination of purchased, made, embellished, etc.

In this shot you can make out a few of the stockings:


In the top row you will see the two kitty stockings - those belong to Zoey and Aggie.  The green one with the funny stuffed dog is Emma's.  Next to that - another kitty stocking - this one made by my mom for Oliver.  In the lower row - a red stocking with a white kitty - that one is Phoebe's.  Next to that one - a red stocking with paw prints and Clooney's name on it.  The blue one is Nigel's - I made it for his first Christmas with us.  Missing from this lineup is Miss Madison's sock - its white knit with her name embroidered in red.

This year we have added three babies to the mix and that meant the need for three new stockings.  I stumbled on some that fit the bill and spent some time this week embellishing.

For Theo red is perfect - strong and wild.  I also chose a very bold, thick font for his name.  I printed it out for sizing and then free handed it on to the stocking with a sharpie and filled it in with fabric paint.



For Violet - I knew I wanted a purple stocking for her.  I had in my mind something paler but when I saw this one I knew it was perfect.  Purple zebra... :)  I picked a feminine font for her and embellished with the purple bow.  This one is cuter than the photos show - its perfect for my pretty girl.



For my Finney - a pale blue and a velvety fabric - after all he is so soft and so sweet.  I loved the F in this font as it is a bit unusual.  The cute little snowman medallion reminds me of him - cute and happy.  I think this one fits him well.





2 comments:

Steph, Dean and Tac said...

love the stockings. that seems really fun. i have never attempted to make a Christmas stocking before we always bought them and then wrote the names on the top with a permanent marker. i think im gonna get a little creative and try this this year :)

TheGrantZookeeper said...

Thank you! Would love to see what you come up with!