A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ferret Health Status

Since the little furries have had furry issues lately I thought an update was in order:

Ear Mites - I believe the sci fi critters that were inhabiting the ears of the ferrets to be gone.  None of the fuzzbutts are scratching at their ears and Theo has been back to the vet since they got an antibiotic injection and he was in the clear.

Fleas - Knock on wood I think the flea epidemic is over - I have not seen any bugs on any critters for about 8 days!  This is good.  I have them on Frontline and have it autoshipping so when it arrives I know its time to re apply.

Skin Infection - Finney is doing great - his skin infection has cleared up nicely and he is done with his antibiotics.  His hair has started to regrow and he is as handsome as ever.  He seems to be feeling really well.
Allergies - Theo is active and feeling pretty well I think.  He does still have his cough - most of the time its right when he wakes up.  I have religiously been checking his eyes and nose for any watering or icky goop - he looks great so no worries there.  I think he is good - he has been playing and very engaged.  I am still watching him like a hawk.

Everyone is doing quite well - t minus 8 days for Christmas decorations - should be interesting so stay tuned.

No comments: