A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Its late here...almost Christmas Day.  Christmas Eve was B U S Y - but much fun!  Tonight we hosted the family for a fancy dinner extravaganza.  We pulled out the china and had multiple courses.  My husband and my brother did the majority of the cooking and my sister in law and I were prepper/servers.

The critters did great!  Emma was at Grandma's house...I think it was good for her and good and for us to be dog free for the two nights of entertaining. She is so barky in her old age...I miss her though and will be happy to hang out with her tomorrow and have her home with us tomorrow night.  Kitties and ferrets were sequestered upstairs.  They don't love it but they tolerate it.  Once the majority of the festivities were over we let them downstairs.  The kitties did well - Oliver and Zoey were right in the thick of it.  Phoebe came down and was a brave girl - very brave for her.  Aggie - not so brave - once the door was opened she went to hide in the closet.  The ferrets - Clooney was carried down and was very patient about being passed around.  Then Violet and Finn came down. They were good - Violet, who isn't a fan of being held was quite easy going about being picked up a zillion times. Finn - my fraidy ferret - was a brave boy and let lots of strangers hold him.  Then Madison and Theo came down - Maddie is an old pro about getting passed around.  Theo was very well behaved and very polite - no biting of the guests!  This is a good thing!

Now the kitties are sprawled out downstairs like they haven't been allowed down there in 17 years.  The ferrets are racing around between upstairs and downstairs like crazy little freaks.  Glad they are running off the energy - maybe I can actually sleep in....

Tomorrow I won't see much of my little zoo - I will have the bulk of the morning with them I guess and then down to my brother's for Christmas with my family - then to the hubs parent's for dinner with his side of the family.  Then home and then - truly we can rest.  I am thinking Thursday might be a close the door and and not answer the phone kind of day....

No comments: