A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kitties - Year in Review


My little intrigue - I do love them so!  Let's go youngest to eldest:

Phoebe - 2013 was great for my little beauty.  She did fantastic healthwise this year - no issues to report. Little Miss is quite funny, chatty - she must converse with her toys as she plays and she must tattle on her critter siblings that she thinks are doing naughty things.  Speaking of naughty - Phoebe continues to try to push the envelope to see just how naughty she can be without getting into trouble.  She really does hate being in trouble.  She still despises being picked up, she is not a fan of Aggie and she is quite accurate with her right front paw when whacking a passing ferret.  All in all my girl is doing well!  For 2014 my wish for her - continued good health, a peaceful co-existence with Aggie and lots of play time with her beloved toys!

Oliver - 2013 was a bit of a tough year for my boy on the health front.  We have gone through a couple of UTIs this year and he was diagnosed with hyperthyroid as well.  The thyroid condition is well in hand - his levels are perfect thanks to his 2x daily ear gel.  We are just getting over a UTI in fact - poor dude.  As for other aspects of 2013 - Ollie is loved by all the critters with the exception of Aggie.  He is the head bather - making sure that not only he is handsome but the kitties, dogs and ferrets all look fab as well.  He is ornery - wow - really ornery.  He is also my lovey boy - quite needy some days in that he wants to be held ALL the time.  I adore that boy.  My 2014 wish for Ollie - a year of good health, lots of interaction with his humans and his critter siblings, continued orneriness - I would be sad without it.

Zoey - 2013 brought Miss Zoey a hyperthyroid diagnosis as well - she is doing just great since she went on the same ear gel as Oliver.  Other than that bump in the road, this has been a great year for Zoey in the health department.  She continues to be my little snagglepuss - quite grumpy at times, but, when the chips are down and her humans are sad or under the weather - she is right there, stuck to them like glue.  Zoey hangs out with all the kitties - she has lots of feline friends.  She would have ferret friends if they weren't terrified of of her - she is a whacker like Phoebe - but she adds the snarl which the ferrets don't like.  My 2014 wish for her - continued stable health and more interaction with the members of the household.  Love that grumpy cat!

Last, but certainly not least, my sweet Aggie - 2013 has been a good year for my eldest girl.  No health issues to report.  Aggie has gotten more engaged over the last year, hanging out with her humans and with Zoey quite a bit.  She and Oliver still fight - he loves to antagonize her.  She and Phoebe still have no love for one another.  Aggie is gentle and sweet and rarely gets into any kind of trouble.  For 2014 - I would love for her and Ollie to cease and desist on the crazy chase and fight thing they have going.  I would love for her and Phoebe to find a way to peacefully coexist.  I hope her good health continues and that she is a happy kitty that knows that she is loved.

There you have it - the year in review on my little herd of kitties....

No comments: