A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Early One Sunday Morning

Its early here and I am wide awake.  I haven't slept well the last few days - not sure if it's Nigel related or just the fact that I am not a great sleeper.  It's dark and for the most part quiet - I do hear zoo noises... Aggie is softly snoring at the end of the bed. Finnegan is up and about, I can hear his pitter patter in the hallway. Clooney is munching on some breakfast.  I am missing the sound of Nigel on his wheel - he would run in the early morning hours.

Today will be a busy day - family has arrived in town.  We are preparing for a slew of entertaining this coming week so there is menu planning and shopping to do.  Miss Emma is going to stay with her grandparents for a couple of days - she will have much fun with Quincy and my brother's dogs Loki and Berger.  We opted to be dog free for our two parties although I will admit with the events that occurred on Friday I am not all that excited about having another member of my little zoo be away from the herd right now.  She will be fine and will have much fun....

After Christmas I am going to tackle re configuring Nigel's cage - it makes me quite sad when I pass by his room so I am thinking I will turn the cage into a play area for the ferrets.  After all - the cage was purchased originally for Clooney who later became a free range ferret.  Currently it has just one level so Nigel had maximum floor space - I think I will make it a fun area for the ferrets - installing some tubes, hammocks, etc for them to play in.  If I get really ambitious I may even hook together the cage and the planned dresser conversion so they have a really interesting and fun place to play and nap.  Not sure I will make it that far but we will see.

Missing my pokey little friend....

No comments: