A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

This is why....

I am often asked why I blog...why I take the time every day to write something about the critters or something critter related.  This is why - situations like what happened yesterday with Nigel.

It was actually our sweet Isabel's passing that made me want to start blogging - when she left us I had so few pictures of her.  It inspired me to start documenting and it was truly the best gift of inspiration that I could have received.

As I awaken this morning with a great deal of sadness that my little critter menagerie is not complete I do take quite a bit of comfort in knowing that a vast majority of Nigel's time with us is documented with memories, experiences, photos and videos.  Nigel came to live with us in January of 2011 and I began blogging in March of that same year so we have almost all of his life on "film" or written down.  I also have some video of my boy - I am inspired by this event to capture even more of life with the gang on video in the future.

As fate had it - I took several picture of Mr Nigel Hedgehog just about 36 hours or so before he left us. Some of the photos are not so great - some of them show him interacting with his siblings - regardless - I have them and for that I am grateful:
















No comments: