A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

The Sucker Truck

Our neighborhood has a truck that comes around once a week - its basically a ginormous vacuum cleaner on wheels.  It sucks up all the yard waste like leaves and clippings.

Its giant and its loud and my critters are terrified of it. Emma even knows what it's called and if you tell her the sucker truck is coming she hides under the bed. The ferrets run for the hills and the kitties are not a fan - all except for Violet.  She isn't afraid of anything so far as I can tell.  She is actually somewhat fascinated by the sucker truck - she stands at the screen door and watches intently.

She is also brave about the vacuum - she tries to kill the hose attachment.  She is not afraid of the carpet shampooer either.  Ah my brave girl.

My guess is that Nigel would not be afraid of the sucker truck either - he isn't afraid of much that makes big noises.  Funny that my two smallest are my two bravest in this regard.

No comments: