A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, December 02, 2013

Ferret Water

Ahhh - ferret water.  What is that, you ask?  Its water out of the water machine with ferret probiotics in it.  I give it to the ferrets a couple of times a week to promote digestive health.  The baby ferrets love it - they fight over who gets to drink it and they are good about taking it when I offer.  This is great - especially when one of them has tummy upset and really needs to have it.

Clooney - Mr Finicky - turns up his nose.  He thinks its funky water and can tell there is something that's been added.  Only very rarely can I get him to willingly take it.  Little does he know sometimes I put it in the big water bowl as well.  The probiotics are good for all the critters in the zoo.  Madison is also hit or miss - not because she is picky but because sometimes she just doesn't want to drink out of the cup.  Nigel also gets to have a drink - he is easy peasy and drinks it right up.

I would highly recommend probiotics - but - as always - please check with your vet first as I am not a professional and have discussed the use of probiotics with my vet at length.




No comments: