A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Stories of the Day

Today was a fairly uneventful critter day but there are a few stories to share:

SteveIrwin the awesome betta fish is doing quite well.  He got a new heater for his tank today - the one I had was not specifically made for tiny little tanks so I thought it would be safer to have a new one.  I also got a thermometer so I can keep an eye on the temp of his water.  I had forgotten how enjoyable having fish can be.  SteveIrwin also tried dried worms for the first time and let's just say - they were a hit!!

Not too much to report in the kitty department - everyone was healthy and happy and just chilled out for the bulk of the day.

Miss Emma had a scratchy day - scratching on the carpet and getting in trouble for it. She also got to go to the pet store which she loves and she got some new treats which I think she likes as well.

As for the ferrets - the girls are both well - active and happy and into mischief.  Clooney was quite spry today hopping around and playing in the afternoon.  My little boys started their medicine today for the colitis.  Even though we had the medication compounded at the pharmacy and a debittering agent added - they H A T E it.  It makes me feel so bad to have to give them something they hate. It seems like with a bit of Ferretone after the horrible meds  to get that awful taste out all is forgiven.  Ugh - breaks my heart to make them unhappy in any way.  Looking into alternatives on how to make this taste a bit better.  So far my findings indicate that one can try either honey or grenadine.  I have both so I will give them both a try....

So - there you have it - the stories from today...

No comments: