A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Aqua Farm

So - I was fortunate enough to get an early birthday present - an Aqua Farm.  My gift giver said it was the perfect gift as I love critters and I love gardening and this has both.  It's a cool little ecosystem where the roots of the plants filter the water for the fish and the waste from the fish fertilizes the plant.

So - now we have dived back into the fish world with a male betta.  I have decided to name him Irwin after Steve Irwin - a fish named Steve was just funky so Irwin it is....

The grow rocks are set up and tomorrow I will do the seeds - you have to let the seeds soak overnight.... should be interesting to see if this works...

While we wait for plants we are enjoying watching Irwin check out his new digs.  Welcome to the family little dude:






No comments: