A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Finn and Theo's Trip to the Vet

I took my little boys to the vet this morning just to get them checked out and make sure nothing crazy was going on.  They have both been having very inconsistent outputs for the last few weeks - sometimes its perfectly fine and sometimes a bit of the runs.  Just when you think about making them an appointment everything is fine.  Then they start up again with unfriendly outputs.  So - since I have to travel a bit in May I thought I should get them looked at just to be sure.

The good news is - no parasites, nothing critically life threatening....but - they do have a touch of colitis which is the same thing that Madison had a couple weeks ago.  They will both be going on antibiotics for 10 days. Thankfully we are getting a less icky blend of this medicine from the compound pharmacy - Theo and Maddie absolutely HATED the bitter version - hopeful that this less icky version will be a bit easier to get them to take.

As for pictures - I got zilch - here's why....

It's fascinating to me how different their personalities are.  Theo was fine when we got to the vet - investigative, happy, not stressed at all.  He was picked up by several folks - totally fine with that.  He did well during his exam.  Finn - he took one spin around the room and then proceeded to climb in my lap where he stayed for the duration of the visit except for when he got his exam.  He was very well behaved but now all that happy about the whole experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed the cuddle time - I wish it would have been under circumstances where he was happier - but I will take what I can get...

So - there you have it - this afternoon has been filled with playtime and naptime.  Tomorrow I will pick up their meds and get them over this little bump in the road...

No comments: