A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

National Ferret Day

Today is National Ferret Day - a day to recognize ferrets, their care, health and well being.



For my guys I tried to think of something that would make each of them happy today.  Here is what I came up with:

For my Clooney - I washed and dried his favorite blanket and made sure he was close by when I took it out of the dryer.  I wrapped him up in the warm blanket and fed him his favorite treats followed by some neck scratches in just the right spot.  I think this made him happy as he is still sacked out napping in his blanket 6 or so hours later.

For my Madison - 1:1 play time in her favorite but mostly off limits room - the man cave.  She loves to play in there and we went in together and played with toys.  Then we did cuddles and she gave me lots of kisses.

For my Finnegan - a new noisy toy for him to hoard.  He was quite happy to get it and I have heard him squeak it often today.

For my Violet - she too got to explore the man cave - she was quite excited.  Then we did some play time 1:1 in there and last she got a nice treat of yogurt covered pretzel.  Those are great for her but she gets less than half of a pretzel and she loves them so....

For my Theo - he is obsessed with the garbage can so I took out the garbage - put in a new bag and proceeded to fill it up with the shredded paper from the shredder and some of his favorite toys.  He had a blast in there and played for over an hour.

They all have had their fill of treats, love and attention.

Lastly - I went on line and made a donation to my local ferret rescue...

Happy National Ferret Day to my furry 5.....


No comments: