A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Free, Free - Set Them Free


Well folks - I am sad to report - I am not a worm composter.  I decided today that it was time to set my poor little wormies free.  Worm composting was harder than I thought it would be and lately I have been neglecting my little worm friends so I thought it only fair to set them free.

A couple of weeks ago I had been doing some outdoor rearranging that resulted in moving things that had LOTS of big healthy happy worms under them.  I made them a fabulous pile of fresh dirt and relocated all of them there.  I decided to add my inside worms to that pile as well so this afternoon I took the composter trays other there and did the official dump.  I made sure to add a large helping of greens for them to much on and paper as well and now my wormies are outside getting to know their new friends.

I hope they will be happy and healthy worms outside and that they have a better time in the wild than they did in my laundry room.  Strangely - I am kinda sad I don't have indoor worms any longer but I am happy that they will be happier outdoors.  I know they will be helping my tomatoes grow over the summer...

Live long and prosper sweet worms....

No comments: