A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

20 random critter related thoughts....

Here it is - a sampling of the critter related things that roll around in my head all day:

1.  I am addicted to zoo cams now.
2.  I adore my baby girl tapir at the Minnesota Zoo - see item #1
3.  I think pandas are cute but I am not obsessed with them like I am with the tapir - that being said - I am enjoying the panda cam and the videos that the Smithsonian zoo are putting up on YouTube
4.  I should be banned from YouTube - all those crazy videos with people who have wild pets like meercats and kangaroos just put dangerous thoughts in my head.
5.  I need to pick up a bag of dog food.
6.  With 11 critters in your house the vacuum and the carpet shampooer get quite a workout.
7.  Seriously need to scoop the cat boxes - seriously not looking forward to it....ugh.
8.  Why do you think Nigel the hedgehog likes Finn the ferret but doesn't really like any of the others??
9.  I can't wait to have space for pygmy goats and teacup piggies.
10.  We have had Theo for almost 2 weeks - its like he has been here forever - and...no signs of the dreaded ECE virus - knock on wood.
11.  I wish Zoey would get over being snitty about getting medicine on her ear - what a drama queen.
12.  Violet is getting very good about being picked up and held - I love to cuddle with her.
13.  Clooney is still loving his baby bed being accessible downstairs - he is spending the mornings snoozing in our bed - the mid day nap in the baby bed and the afternoons and evenings in his chair in Nigel's room.
14.  I am very thankful that I figured out that the canvas pad that goes under the playpen for the hedgehog and ferrets does just fine when you stick it in the washer - way better than trying to clean it all up with a hose.
15.  Emma has a really loud toy that squeaks and if you want to find the ferrets (at least the boys anyway) just give it a squeeze - they will come running!
16.  Finn has decided that leaping from the cat tree to the garbage is fun and exciting - I spent a bit of time today moving things around and making the trash can a non ferret accessible zone.
17.  I found the Christmas card I was thinking of using but then Theo moved in - not sure I will be able to find one with 11 spots....
18.  I need to get busy on stockings - I have three that need to be designed and sewn.
19.  My husband really does deserve an award - maybe I should create one called a Noah - we can give it out to worthy spouses who support critter lovers.
20.  I need to fill up the hummingbird feeder - again - they drained it in just about 5 days.  They are abundant this year!  Love it!

Its kind of frightening and random I know....

No comments: