A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Who Are Hedgehogs Related To?

You are never gonna believe me when I tell you who - its crazy.  Most people think that hedgehogs are related to porcupines:


or - maybe logically you with think they are related to echidnas (spiny anteaters):


In both cases you would be incorrect!

Hedgehogs are actually related to these guys:

Moles
and - these guys:

Shrews

While I have a soft spot for all kinds of critters and I think some rather homely little guys are cuter than most people think they are - I feel safe in going out on a limb here and saying that Nigel is by far the most handsome of the lot....  :)  Who knew - moles and shrews....




No comments: