A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Friday, August 30, 2013

The Blue Cup Obsession

We got a water machine a few days ago.  Our city water isn't all that great and I was tired of recycling a zillion water bottles so the water machine was ordered and delivered.  An interesting phenomenon has happened with the ferrets - they are obsessed with getting a drink.  Whenever I got to the machine to fill my blue cup they stand at my feet begging for a drink.  Not sure if its the cold water, the blue cup, the excitement of drinking from a cup....whatever it is - all five ferrets want a drink.  They have their own cup now - that sits on top of the machine.  Whenever I refill I put some water in their cup and hold it for them to drink out of.  There is drinking, splashing, scratching and dunking of the whole head into the water....silly critters.

No comments: