A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Composting

One of my new years resolutions for 2014 was to start recycling and composting.  I have done the basic recycling in the past but I wanted to get more serious this year.  So, I ordered one of these:

And I ordered some of these:


I am very excited about this new project.  First, it allows me to use our kitchen scraps that typically go to waste to feed the worms.  Second - all the shredding I do will now be put to good use and not just go into the recycle pile.  And third - its like getting 1000 new little critters to add to my zoo.  I love worms - I am the crazy person who stops on a walk to pick up a worm on the sidewalk and move it to safety.  I can't wait to report back on progress and show you my new little wriggly friends.

No comments: