A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Technology


One of the main reasons I blog is to capture the happenings of the day which will ultimately end up in the blog books I produce each quarter.  I love having a printed book of the photos and information about the critters that I can put my hands on and look at.  So far I have only done the small square books from Blurb which I love.  But - given its a new year and one of my resolutions is to learn new things I have decided to branch out and try something different.

I am joining the Adobe Creative Cloud and will be learning the suite of Adobe products - upleveling the photos and layout of the books and actually moving to more of a magazine style with glossy paper.  I am quite excited about the creative freedom I will have in laying out the pages from each of my posts rather than the confines of the templates provided in the Blurb software.  Don't worry - I am not abandoning Blurb - they are too awesome.  I will be using the plugin provided by them into Adobe InDesign and will still use them as my source to print my book and make my electronic version.

I have been pouring over webcasts and playing around with the tools.  I have 26 days of content to play with so it should keep me busy and out of trouble for a while.  Can't wait to share with you some of the layouts I come up with - stay tuned....


No comments: