A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper

A Day in the Life of a Zookeeper
Ever wonder what its like to share your world with a bunch of crazy critters? Tune in to find out!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Challenges of Photographing Finn

Critters for the most part are hard to photograph - let's be honest.  They don't know how to stand still and pose for that perfect shot.  I have reasonable luck with most of my brood - I have to take a lot of photos to find stuff that I can put online but for the most part they are cooperative.  And then there's Finn....

Finnegan has criteria for his favorite things - it should make noise, it should be shiny, it should have a string. Yes folks, the camera does all of those things.  He loves the noise it makes when you open the lens cover, he likes that it makes noise when you click the button, he loves that it flashes and he loves the string that you are supposed to put around your wrist.  This results in some entertaining pictures of the little dude.  I thought I would share with you some of my challenges.  Most every photo session has a ton of shots like these and one or two I can use:


This is him jumping for the string:

See ya -  am outta here:

Jumping for the flash:

Is this too close???

How about now???  You said you wanted a close up...

Sign - but then - its all worth it because I get a shot like this:


No comments: